The Lower 24th Street Merchants and Neighbors Association was created in 1999 by a group of long time residents, merchants and service providers, concerned with quality of life issues in the community.
Our diverse membership consists of merchants and residents from many ethnic backgrounds, gender and lifestyles. It includes non-profits, home owners, merchants, and renters of different economic levels.
We are an unpaid, all volunteer group.
- Community Safety Forums
- Sidewalk Repairs
- Installation of Stop Signs along 24th St.
- Complete Renovation and Capital Improvement of 24th Street Mini Park at 24th at York
- Mural Restoration at 24th Mini Park
- Sidewalk Title Mosaic on 24th St. between York and Bryant streets
- Clean Streets in collaboration with DPW (Corridors Program)
- General Public & 24th St. Merchant Safety Education Program
- Easter Egg Event at Mini Park for local Children Toy and Book drive for local non-profit
- Fundraising for local non-profits on 24th St. serving children from low income families
- Christmas Tree lights on 24th St.
- 24th St. Beautification project in collaboration with Merchants funded by the Mayor’s Beautification Fund: The project included, planter boxes, sidewalk steam cleaning, youth hired for sidewalk street sweeping through and in collaboration with the Boys and Girls Club.
- Hosted with L's Caffe, Mission Education Project and Brava Theater Center to Relive Mexico’s Golden Age of Cinema an opportunity for Latino Families to view Mexico’s legendary icons once again on the big screen at the Brava Theater on 24th.
- Worked with DPW and Mayor’s Office of Neighborhood Services in creating a safer lot on 24th and Capp by installing a decorated gate, landscaping and additional lights
- In collaboration with Precita Eyes, merchants, residents and local independent artists, created a night-time gallery walk by painting murals on merchant roll downs and lighting them on 24th street to preserve, promote and celebrate 24th streets murals, culture and business. It includes murals at 24th St. and Capp parking lot.
- Merchant Alert Phone Tree System.
We the residents, merchants, and service providers of the Lower 24th St. Neighborhood in a collaborative effort are working together:
To create a safe, clean, and healthy environment for its residents, families, and merchants to work, live, and play;
To foster a community free from fear and proud of our diversity; and
To preserve the unique beauty and culture that is the trademark of the Mission.
Meetings are held along the 24th St. corridor at restaurants and community rooms and spaces. Our goal is to build community, promote business, and eat locally. To participate sign up for our email list.